Hylozoic Grove: Hello Robot
Vitra Design Museum
Weil am Rhein, DE 2017
Hylozoic Grove consists of a cluster of diagrid chevron columns expanded by hovering cloud-like filaments that gather overhead. Within each column, kinetic mylar fronds gently stir the surrounding air through their rising and falling actions. External lighting creates dramatic shadow play, completing the touring Hylozoic Grove exhibition.
Hello Robot. Design Between Human and Machines was an exhibition that examined the contemporary boom in robotics, in detail, for the first time. The exhibition comprised more than 200 exhibits from the fields of design and art including robots used in the home, in nursing care, in industry, in computer games, in media installations, and in film and literature. Hello Robot showed the variety of forms that robotics take today while broadening public awareness of the associated ethical, social and political issues.
The work was first exhibited at the Vitra Design Museum’s Hello, Robot exhibition from February 11 – May 14, 2017. The work was then exhibited at MAK Wien in May 2017 for the Vienna Biennale, at Design Museum Gent in October 2017, at the Museum of Art, Architecture and Technology in January 2019, at San Telmo Museoa in June 2019, and at V&A Dundee in November 2019.
- Vitra Design Museum, Group Show — Weil am Rhein, DE February 11, 2017
- MAK Wien (Vienna Biennale 2017), Group Show — Vienna, Austria June 21, 2017
- Design Museum Gent, Group Show — Gent, Belgium October 27, 2018
- Museum of Art, Architecture and Technology, Group Show — Lisbon, Portugal January 23, 2019
- San Telmo Museoa, Group Show — San Sebastian, Spain June 22, 2019
- V&A Dundee, Group Show — Dundee, Scotland November 2, 2019
- Philip Beesley
- Gabriella Bevilacqua
- Salvador Miranda
- Jordan Prosser
Lise van Overbeeke